I specialise in public law, including administrative law, constitutional law and human rights. I also have experience in comparative law and aspects of civil procedure, and am a regular peer reviewer for papers in these areas. My appointments include Legal Adviser to the Ombudsman of Hong Kong, member of the Constitutional Affairs and Human Rights Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong, and examiner on the Law Society of Hong Kong's Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination. I held a visiting appointment as a Herbert Smith Freehills Visitor at the University of Cambridge.
- LL.B. (Hons.) (First Class), University of Edinburgh
- Erasmus Exchange Scholarship, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- LL.M. (Res.) (by Thesis), University of Edinburgh
- Dip.L.P., University of Edinburgh
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh