My Current Position
I am an Associate Professor of Law, and Director of the JSD and PhD Law Programmes, at City University of Hong Kong. I am also a Legal Adviser to the Ombudsman of Hong Kong, a member of the Constitutional Affairs and Human Rights Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong, and an examiner on the Law Society of Hong Kong's Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination. I held a visiting appointment as a Herbert Smith Freehills Visitor at the University of Cambridge.
- LL.B. (Hons.) (First Class), University of Edinburgh
- Erasmus Exchange Scholarship, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- LL.M. (Res.) (by Thesis), University of Edinburgh
- Dip.L.P., University of Edinburgh
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh
My Professional Interests
I have expertise in public law in Scotland, England & Wales and Hong Kong. This includes judicial review, administrative law, constitutional law and human rights law. I also have experience in comparative law and aspects of civil procedure, and am the leading authority on the nobile officium of the Supreme Courts of Scotland.